Palm Springs is my second home. It’s only 2 hours away from Los Angeles and I have family that lives there so I find myself in the desert quite often. Overtime I’ve come to realize that I always pack the same type of items. Whether I’m going to Palm Springs for a weekend or a full week, these are the items I bring along with me during the hot months (just add more for more days).
Before I just into the packing list, I want to point out one surprising item that you’ll want to pack year-round: a swimsuit. Palm Springs is usually pretty hot (with the exception of winter, obviously). But even then I bring a swimsuit just in case I want to get in a hot tub. Palm Springs is a desert oasis and it’s a place where you’ll have many pool moments. With that being said, if you’re a water lover like me, bringing a few bikinis is essential no matter the season!
Now that we have this cleared up, onto the Summer packing list!
Palm Springs Summer Packing List
- Swimsuits – Bring a couple!
- Beach-y dresses – the more lightweight the better (it’s the desert)
- Denim Cut-offs – too hot for pants.
- Natural fabrics – lightweight cotton and linen tops will be your BFFs. Why? These fabrics BREATHE.
- Sandals – one for the pool, one for walking around, one wedge for dinner.
- Towel or Sarong – to layout by the pool, duh!
- Sunscreen – the desert sun is no joke. You’ll need some SPF. Don’t forget to pack one for your face too! I like using this tinted one so I don’t have to wear makeup.
- Hats – cover up your face so you don’t get wrinkles + they’re cute for pics 😉
- Face moisturizer – the dry weather will dry out your skin so fast. This is a must!
- Lightweight jacket or cardigan – Just in case it gets chilly at night.
- Water bottle – I feel like I’m constantly dehydrating in the Summer so I like to keep a reusable water bottle with me at all times. I love this one here.
- Camera – It’s just so pretty there that you’ll want to take a million #poolside photos!
- Beach bag – try to bring one that also doubles as a normal day bag. I love straw bags for the pool/beach and exploring!
- Toiletries – Obviously don’t forget to pack the rest of the essentials! (Razor, toothbrush, hairbrush, face wash, deodorant, etc).
- Underwear – unless you like to go commando. You do you.
I hope you found this Palm Springs packing list helpful! I will be in Palm Springs from Wednesday – Friday this week so be sure to follow along on Instagram for lots of #poolside photos and #desertvibes 🙂
Have you been to Palm Springs? What are some things you can’t go without packing? Let me know in the comments!
Shop my favorite Palm Springs essentials: